QUEERYLOOP, INC., a C Corporation of Delaware, United States, established in 651 N. Broad St. Suite 206, Middletown DE 19709, United States (hereinafter, indistinctly “publica.la”) Informs users of the website about its policy regarding the treatment and protection of personal data that may be collected by browsing or contracting services through its use. publica.la declares that its site is secure, in order to provide customers with a high-level service, with the appropriate internal controls that guarantee the correct use of the information. To achieve the above, the necessary measures are taken to guarantee the security, integrity and confidentiality of the data.
Only the data strictly necessary to carry out the normal activity of the service will be collected, complying with the principle of data minimization. The data collected will in any case be from users older than 16 years. publica.la reserves the right to take appropriate measures to verify the veracity of age.
Purpose of the treatment
In compliance with the current regulations on the protection of personal data, publica.la informs that the collection and automated processing of personal data is intended to:
- To maintain the contractual relationship, as well as the management, administration, provision and improvement of theservice;
- Sending requested information through the forms provided on the page;
- Sending newsletters, as well as commercial communications of promotions and / or advertising of the Site or Platform ofpublica.la;
- Manage the website, business and virtual libraries mounted on the publica.la platform;
- Customize the website for the user;
- Enable the use of services available on the website; and
- Provide services purchased through the website;
Types of data
Depending on the interaction of the user on the website, publica.la can collect and process all or part of the following information.
When the user visits the website:
- IP address
When the user configures their virtual library using our website or platform:
- Phone number
- Email address
When the user acquires a publication, electronic book or digital content using our website or platform:
- Billing address
- Email address
- Purchase History
The data will be kept until the objective for which they were collected is fulfilled or until the right to the deletion or modification of them is exercised. As long as this does not conflict with the need to store them for legal reasons.
The user may at any time exercise the rights of access, opposition, rectification, cancellation and portability (if applicable). The exercise of these rights can be done by the user through email to email@example.com or at the address651 N. Broad St. Suite 206, Middletown DE 19709, United States, indicating the rights to be exercised and proof of identity. We commit to respond to your request within a maximum period of 30 business days.
The exercise of these rights is personal and can only be requested by the owner. The user declares that all the information provided by him is true and correct, and undertakes to keep them updated, communicating the changes through his personal account on the website or platform.
Likewise, we remind the user that he can oppose the sending of commercial communications by any means and at any time, by sending an email to the address indicated above. publica.la will not send advertising or promotional communications by email or other equivalent electronic means of communication that had not previously been requested or expressly authorized by the recipients thereof.
Sometimes publica.la requires sharing personal data with trusted third parties. In such cases, the data will only be used for the purpose specified in section III and will be transferred and stored securely, and will be deleted or made anonymous if publica.la stops working with that third party.
As processors, we have hired the following service providers, having committed to compliance with the regulatory provisions, applicable to data protection, at the time of hiring: Amazon Web Services, Google Analytics, Google Compute Cloud, Mailgun, MercadoPago, Mixpanel, Netlify, Rollbar, Stripe and Acord Corporation.
This list may change from time to time according to our business processes.
European Union & Swiss Users (Privacy Shield Framework)
EU-US, Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework
- As required under the principles, when QueryLoop, Inc receives Personal Data under the Privacy Shield and then transfers it to a third-party service provider acting as an agent on QueryLoop, Inc’s behalf, we have certain liability under the Privacy Shield if both (i) the agent processes the information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield and (ii) QueryLoop, Inc is responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
- QueryLoop, Inc remains liable for the protection of Personal Data that we transfer to these third parties within the scope of our Privacy Shield certification, except to the extent that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to any unauthorized or improper processing.
- Some users (including those whose information we collect under the Privacy Shield) have certain legal rights to access certain information we hold about them and to request its deletion: For Personal Data about European residents, when the purposes of processing are satisfied, and we are not required to retain Personal Data to comply with applicable law, we will delete or anonymize your Personal Data within a maximum of twelve months.
- Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process Information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by using any of the Product(s), you acknowledge the transfer, storage or use of your Information outside your country of residence to any country (including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia) where we have facilities or engage trusted third parties (such as payment processors, cloud service or other IT providers and other companies that provide services to us). You understand that the countries to which we may transfer Information may not have as comprehensive a level of data protection as in your country. In relation to Australia’s Privacy Act, you agree that in the case of a breach by the third party in relation to handling your personal data, we will not be accountable for the third party under the Privacy Act and you may not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
Legal Basis for Use (e.g., processing) of Your Information:
- Regulation 2016/679 of the European Union concerning the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of this data.
- Where use of your Information is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract with you (for example, to comply with the terms of service of our Products which you accept by browsing the Products or registering; and/or our contract to provide our Products to you);
- Where use of your Information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to provide security for our Products; operate our Products; make and receive payments; comply with legal requirements and defend our legal rights; prevent fraud); or
- With your consent; or
- Other grounds, as required or permitted by law in the specific respective context.
If you have any questions or complaints about QueryLoop, Inc’s privacy practices, including questions related to the Privacy Shield, you may contact us at the email address or mailing address set forth under “Contact Us.” We will work with you to resolve your issue.
Complaints and Dispute Resolution
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, QueryLoop, Inc commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your Personal Data. European and Swiss residents with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact QueryLoop, Inc at:
ATTN: Info Data Sec and Privacy Officer
651 N. Broad St. Suite 206
Middletown DE 19709, United States